12/01/2016

The Chronicles of St. Mary's

Back in July last year I finally gave in and clicked to buy a Kindle book that had kept popping up in my recommends on Amazon, Goodreads, and Audible.
I thought "what the hell, the title sounds quite good, and I've been seeing it flipping everywhere for months now!"

That book was Just One Damned Thing After Another by Jodi Taylor.
I didn't end of reading it in July of course; naturally I completely forgot that I had purchased it.
Then in October I was looking for Audible books to download that would keep both me and Him entertained and guess what I bought. Oh yes, Just One Damned Thing After Another .

I started listening to the audiobook while I was doing some colouring in on my work lunchbreaks (sometimes this, sometimes this, sometimes that) and thoroughly enjoyed all 570 minutes of it.

Then I bought the second audiobook, A Symphony of Echoes , and enjoyed the first half so much that I couldn't wait to find out what was going to happen and so bought the Kindle book so I could find out faster.

You can see where this is going.

Right now I'm up to book five in Kindle form (I did listen to all of book three, but then needed speed for book four) and have also listened to three of the five short stories.

I. Am. Hooked.

Indefatigable Max. Wonderful Leon. Peterson. Markham. Guthrie. Doctor Bairstow. Mrs Partridge!

If I wasn't so terrible at History I'd apply to join. Although I was very good at accidentally blowing things up when I was younger - perhaps an R&D job?

Basically, if you like History, and jokes that will make you snigger in public, and the idea of Time Travel 'investigating major historical events in contemporary time' then you should give these a shot.

No comments: